Skip Breadcrumb Links
RBC Direct Investing > Client Support > Online Security Guarantee > Guide to Online Security and Privacy
Guide to Online Security and Privacy
How We Protect You
At RBC Direct Investing, we are committed to helping you keep your personal information secure and private. We use state-of-the-art technology and follow numerous security procedures to help protect your accounts from any unauthorized use.
To provide you with greater peace of mind, we have developed the RBC Direct Investing Online Security Guarantee.
Here are some of the features we use to help keep your information safe and secure:
However you choose to provide information to us, we adhere to 10 privacy principles to ensure your personal information is protected.
An informed customer is the best defence against fraud. By sharing information with you we can help protect you from financial crime.
How You Can Protect Yourself
You can help maximize the security of your online activities and protect yourself against identity theft and other online fraud by following these guidelines:
- Call us immediately if you know or suspect that your password has become known to someone else, or if there has been suspicious activity in your account. You can reach us at 1-800-769-2560.
- Maintain current anti-virus software on your home computer.
- Use personal firewalls .
- Use strong encryption .
- Use unique passwords .
- Install all security updates offered by your software providers.
- Sign out or log off and close your browser when you are finished visiting secure websites.
- Test your computer for security vulnerabilities.
- Protect yourself against spyware and other unwanted software .
- Stay aware of the latest security-related issues .
- If you receive any suspicious-looking email appearing to be from RBC, do not open it and contact us immediately.
- Only share personal information with trusted third parties.
- Review your account details upon receipt.
- When discarding sensitive information, ensure it is shredded.
To learn more about safeguarding your information against online fraud, see our Helpful Links & Resources .