Consent to the Electronic Delivery of Documents
You must review and accept the terms and conditions set out in the below agreement and consent to receive your statements electronically.
ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS FOR PERSONAL CLIENTS
I, the accountholder, have read and understand this Consent to Electronic Delivery of Documents (this "Consent") and in the event that I consent to the electronic delivery of the documents listed below by RBC Direct Investing Inc. ("RBC DI", “we” or “us”) in accordance with the terms of this Consent, I will indicate as such by clicking "I AGREE" where indicated below.
In this Consent:
“Account” means the account maintained by RBC DI on my behalf pursuant to the terms of the Operation of Account Agreement (as defined below);
“Homepage” means the RBC DI secure investing website;
“Message Centre” means our online communication centre located on my Homepage where information may be securely communicated between RBC DI and me;
“Offering Document” means a prospectus, prospectus amendment, Fund Facts document, information statement or similar product specific disclosure document;
“Operation of Account Agreement” means the agreement that I entered into with RBC DI upon opening the Account;
“Regulations” means all applicable laws and/or the applicable rules, regulations, by-laws, policies and notices of any relevant regulatory authorities or SROs;
“SROs” means self-regulatory organizations having authority to create Regulations, including IIROC, CIPF and the TMX Group Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries;
“Tax Documents” means any forms, slips, receipts or other documents or information (including any T1, T3, T4, T5, RRSP contribution receipt, etc.) RBC DI may be required or permitted to send to me now or in the future under applicable tax legislation, as amended from time to time;
2. For the purpose of this Consent, I understand that all documents delivered electronically hereunder will be made available or delivered through the Homepage or the Message Centre. Based on the foregoing, I understand that I must be registered to access the Homepage in order to electronically receive documents hereunder.
If I have requested email notification that a Record has been delivered through my Homepage, I understand that: (i) email communication is not secure or reliable and I may not receive the email notification in a timely manner or at all, (ii) I must notify RBC DI of any change to my email address, and (iii) my request to receive email notification does not in any way change my obligations to access my Homepage to review Records.
12. Other Agreements: This Consent applies in addition to any other agreement you entered into with RBC DI, including your Operation of Account Agreement.
CONSENT TO THE ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS
To: RBC Direct Investing Inc.
I/we the undersigned, certify in my capacity as an authorized signatory of the account holder named below, that I have read and understand this Consent to Electronic Delivery of Documents (this "Consent") and by executing this consent the account holder consents to the electronic delivery of the documents listed below by RBC Direct Investing Inc. ("RBC DI") in accordance with the terms of this Consent. For the purpose of this Consent, I understand that all documents delivered electronically hereunder will be made available or delivered through the RBC DI secure investing website (the "Homepage") or the secure online communication centre located within the Homepage (the "Message Centre"). Based on the foregoing, I understand that the account holder must be registered to access the Homepage in order to electronically receive documents hereunder.
I further understand that the services provided hereunder by RBC DI in connection with the electronic delivery of Documents constitutes an "Automated Service", as such term is defined in the account agreement that the account holder entered into with RBC DI upon opening the account (my "Account Agreement").
1. Documents: I understand that the types of Documents covered by this Consent include any record of a transaction in my account that RBC DI is required to send the account holder under securities legislation, including account statements and trade confirmations (collectively, "Records") and any other document that RBC DI is required to send the account holder under securities legislation or otherwise including, without limitation, amendments to any agreement that the account holder entered into with RBC DI, amendments to the RBC DI fee schedule or the RBC DI statement of policies (collectively, "Notifications") (Records and Notifications may be hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Documents").
2. Delivery of Documents: I understand that Records will be made available to me through the Homepage and that Notifications will be posted to the Message Centre. RBC DI will notify the account holder that a Record is available to access on the Homepage through a message posted to the Message Centre.
3. Deemed Delivery: In accordance with my Account Agreement, I acknowledge that any Document delivered to the account holder through an Automated Service is deemed to be delivered to the account holder on the day that that the Document is made available through the Homepage or posted to the Message Centre, as applicable, and not on the day that I actually review the Document. I agree that it is the account holder’s responsibility to monitor the Homepage for Records and the Message Centre for Notifications on a regular basis but in any event, not less than once every fifteen (15) days. I understand and agree that RBC DI is not responsible to the account holder in any way for any damages or costs incurred by the account holder resulting from its failure to review Records made available to the Homepage or Notifications posted to the Message Centre.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I acknowledge that the Account Agreement provides that account statements and trade confirmations are deemed to be complete and accurate unless the account holder informs RBC DI otherwise within a specified period of time and that in certain instances, the account holder has the right under securities legislation to withdrawal from the purchase of a security offered in distribution within a specified period of time after receiving a prospectus from RBC DI. In connection with the foregoing, I understand that it is the account holder’s responsibility to monitor the Homepage for Records and the Message Centre for Notifications in order to comply with the terms of my Account Agreement or to enforce its rights under securities legislation.
4. Delivery Options: I understand that the account holder is not required to consent to the electronic delivery of the Documents and that this consent may be revoked at any time by contacting RBC DI. I further understand that, in the case of Records, the account holder may change the delivery options between electronic and standard mail delivery at anytime through the Homepage.
5. Document Retention: I understand that I will be able to print and/or save any Document made available through the Homepage or posted in the Message Centre, as applicable. I further understand that until such time as the account holder closes its account(s) with RBC DI, the account holder will have access to Records made available through the Homepage for a period of 7 years and Notifications will remain posted in the Message Centre for 90 days, unless the account holder otherwise deletes them from the Message Centre.
6. Technical Requirements: I understand that Records made available to the account holder through the Homepage will be in Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF), which requires me to have Adobe Reader® software in order to open, save and/or print a Record. RBC DI does not own or operate, and is not responsible for, Adobe Reader® software. I understand that Notifications posted to the Message Centre will be in hypertext markup language (HTML) format.
7. Delivery Failure: I understand that RBC DI, in its sole discretion, may provide the account holder with a paper copy of any Document through standard mail if it is of the view that a paper copy is necessary or if it is unable to deliver any Document electronically.
8. Capacity: I represent to RBC DI that I have the authority to enter into this Consent with respect to the account(s) in which this Consent pertains, which may include, without limitation, any account opened with RBC DI in the name of the account holder set out below.
9. Amendments: I understand that RBC DI may change the terms of this Consent at any time by giving the account holder thirty (30) days advance notice and that any such notice may be in the form of a Notification posted to the Message Centre or delivered to the account holder through standard mail.
10. Other Agreements: This Consent applies in addition to any other agreement the account holder entered into with RBC DI, including the Account Agreement.