RBC Direct Investing® clients have access to Series D – a mutual fund option with lower fees. Lower fees leave more of your investment dollars at work for you.
Benefits of Series D
- Lower fees and investment minimums as low as $500 per fund, per account
- Professional money management
- Buy and sell commission–free1
- A wide selection of funds from a variety of fund families including BlackRock‡, Invesco‡, Mackenzie Investments‡, Purpose Investments‡ and RBC Global Asset Management®
- Funds across a range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income and money markets
- $9.95 flat equity trades2 for all clients – no minimum account balance or trading activity required. And $6.95 flat equity trades when you make 150 or more trades per quarter2.
- You’re never alone. Connect with other investors in the online Community3. In the Community, you can exchange potential investing ideas, information and strategies in a secure and anonymous environment. Community members can also see (in percentage values only) how their fellow investors are building their portfolios.
- Try out our actual online investing site. Practice Accounts are not a demo — they are integrated into our actual online investing site. You can practice placing trades and get the same online experience as with a real account. Best of all, you risk nothing.
Get answers to frequently asked questions.What is Series D?
Available on a broad range of mutual funds from various fund companies through RBC Direct Investing, Series D represents a fee structure that is tailor–made for the self–directed investor. Series D is designed specifically for self-directed investors who would like to benefit from the professional money management offered by mutual funds while paying lower fees for doing their own research and making their own investment decisions.
Series D is designed specifically for self-directed investors who would like to benefit from the professional money management offered by mutual funds while paying lower fees for doing their own research and making their own investment decisions.
Series D mutual funds are available from various fund families across different asset classes.
Yes, with the exception of mutual funds that do not qualify for registered plans.
As an RBC Direct Investing client, you'll be able to start your research in our Mutual Fund Centre.Here you'll find:
- Mutual fund model portfolios created by third–party professionals
- Interactive and pre–defined screeners
- The RBC Dominion Securities Spotlight funds list
- Morningstar‡ mutual fund research and expert insights
- Morningstar's‡ fund editorial